Subject: Re: automated ftp of source - possible
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@ksr.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/24/1993 16:14:11
Before I get any more help, I hope I can head this off:

I now know about "mkdir -p".

The last time I read a mkdir manual page was about 14 years ago, I guess,
when it read "Sixth Edition" across the bottom.  Apparently, a few things
have changed since then; next thing you know you all will be telling me that
they've gone and implemented shell scripting control primitives in the shell
instead of calling out to the "goto" program.

(That, folks, is a JOKE, although the V6 shell *did* work that way.  Good
thing Bourne started over from scratch.)