Subject: Re: libc problem
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu, michaelv@iastate.edu>
From: Frank van der Linden <vdlinden@fwi.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 11/24/1993 20:44:33
The ctype problem is probably due to building libc.so.x.x with an old
set of include files (or new include files, but old ctype code). Be sure
to have done 'make install' in /usr/src/include.

The __strerror (which I had too, with static libs when I first upgraded,
and someone else on this list had it too, I think) is probably due to
a leftover from an old source tree somewhere in /usr/src/lib/libc. This
causes the wrong file to be compiled in to the library (and old one).
Not sure how this happened, the Makefiles shouldn't allow it, I think..
anyway, hope your sup has deleted the old files, to that all will
be ok.

Frank