Subject: Re: More bad news :-(
To: None <hasty@netcom.com, hd@world.std.com>
From: Amancio Hasty Jr <hasty@netcom.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/21/1993 10:14:29
My non-media hardware failure appears to happen when I am writing a file to
my scsi disk. It happens when I am downloading a file via ftp, floppy, or from
CD. The driver claims that the bus speed is 250ns.

Last but not least, I have experienced this problem with NetBSD-0.9. My
system was fully operational with NetBSD-0.8 and a hacked up version of
386bsd-0.1 for quite sometime.

I am not sure that I can compile I try to just layout a X11R5 tree and
I now have several corrupt directories when I run fsck manually the program
gets a core dump.

The hardware errors don't happen all the time.

Amancio