Subject: Re: multiple ethernet cards
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Achim Patzner <noses@oink.rhein.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/19/1993 11:45:16
On Nov 18,  7:21pm, Randy Terbush wrote:
> Can I run more than one ether card?
> I have tried to configure 2 ed's (ed0, and ed1) and have specified
> "psuedo-device ether 2", but neither card is recognized when there are 2.

Well... On one of my machines I'm doing that. But you should set these
cards to different interrupts and memory locations. And my configuration
is looking like:

#
# comma.rhein.de
#
   [... lots of stuff deleted ...]
device ed0 at isa? port 0x300 net irq 10 iomem 0xcc000 vector edintr
device ed1 at isa? port 0x280 net irq 3 iomem 0xd0000 vector edintr

pseudo-device	ether
pseudo-device	sl	2
pseudo-device	ppp	2

   [...]

I never had any problems (besides not being able to compile the kernel
at all).

Achim