Subject: Re: Three Current Problems
To: John F. Woods <jfw@ksr.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@nobozo.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 11/16/1993 20:08:18
> (2) My kernel didn't build right off, complaining that
> "../../../../lib/libkern/libkern.a" didn't exist.  Well, of course
> not; having done "make obj" in /usr/src, make appears to have arranged
> for a /usr/src/lib/libkern/obj/ directory to exist, where libkern.a
> was to be found.  (I just added a symbolic link, not knowing what
> needs to be corrected.)

you should have installed the new .mk files first; it would have
done the right thing, then...  (basically, for libkern, "obj"
is expected to be named "obj.i386" on the i386; it uses some new
make hackery, etc.)

as for your enet board problems: i've no idea what could be causing
them; sounds like something else is screwed up -- we've made no
changes to relevant code, unless i'm mistaken...

chris