Subject: Re: DOS & NetBSD
To: None <hasty@netcom.com>
From: Brian D. Carlstrom <bdc@ai.mit.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 11/15/1993 06:12:31
   Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1993 11:17:27 -0800
   From: hasty@netcom.com (Amancio Hasty Jr)
   Sender: owner-current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu

   I have a toshiba 1.2g and I would like to have NetBSD and DOS shared
   the same disk.

   If this is a hard task right now, I will just simply buy another disk.

   Tnks,
   Amancio

i have a toshiba 1.2g with NetBSD, DOS, and NT coexisting peacefully.
i'm using a adaptec 1542C. i also have a 200 meg IDE drive with source
code working fine in the same sytem. i can acess my DOS partion from
NetBSD. i thinking i'm using the booteasy disk manager, whatever the
current version is. basically i broke the drive into 4 partions of 256
256 256 and <256 (whatever was leftover. the first two are dos, the
third is NTFS, and the fourth is NetBSD. getting NT to agree was the
hardest part. i can boot all three just from boot up menus. sorry, i'm
babbling. let me know if you have any specifics...

-bri