Subject: Re: Does anyone have any Ethernet card recommendations?
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Robert Crowe <bob@osomil.cts.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/06/1993 08:23:55
In message <199311052009.MAA21013@eden.CS.Berkeley.EDU>, "Chris G. Demetriou" w
rites:
>i always recommend SMD (WD) ethernet boards.
>
>get one of their 16-bit (i.e. WD-8013-class) boards.
>
>their hardware is rock solid, and their support is *wonderful*.

I have used the smc elite-16 models with very good luck (is this the
same as smd?).  Now I find that they are discontinuing the elite line
in favor of the new ultima line (I think thats the new name).  This is
good from a price standpoint, as the new cards are about $20 to $40
cheeper, but I'm not sure they will work with the current driver.  I
had a friend who claimed they were not compatible on his SCO system
(he was able to use the elite though).

Does anyone know anything about the new SMC cards working with
NetBSD-current?

Thanks,
Bob.

Robert Crowe                                              bob@speakez.com
SpeakEasy Software,                                     619-457-4776 x202
4484 Eastgate Mall  Suite 7                         San Diego, Ca.  92121