ATF-devel archive

Re: Why doesn't atf-sh complain about non-executable files?

On Sun, 6 Feb 2011 05:47:54 -0800, Garrett Cooper
<yanegomi%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>     I find this error a bit confusing because it doesn't shed light on
> the entire issue (in particular access("regress.sh", X_OK) == -1). I
> didn't see any output in truss to help me determine the root cause
> either, so as a silly test end-user this might be confusing behavior
> for me.
>     It would be nice if there was a verbosity level where atf-run, et
> all said "not executable, skipping" instead of the below message.
>     Now that that's out of the way... it's time to determine why the
> script is failing.
> Thanks,
> -Garrett
>
> $ atf-run
> atf-run: ERROR: Cannot locate the regress.sh file
> $ chmod +x regress.sh
> $ atf-run
>
> info: atf.version, Automated Testing Framework 0.12 (atf-0.12)
> info: tests.root, /scratch/freebsd/atf-head/tools/regression/bin/sh

Yes. That caught me too at first.  We can probably improve a bit the
error of atf-run to look for non-executable files that match a test name
and if they exist but they are not executable warn about it.