ATF-devel archive

Test interdependences, and globals

One of the aspects of atf that I struggle with is the lack of globals. For
instance I have a test that generates a unique value that I need to use for all
other tests. I currently store this in /tmp, and it needs to be cleaned up
later. Also if the test that generates this value fails, then all other tests
should not run. I handle this by generating a global use file (in /tmp) in the
first test called previous_passed(that I set the executable bit on). I then use
atf_set require.progs /tmp/previous_passed on all the subsequent tests. This
file then gets deleted if I want further test to not run. A lot of playing
around to create the missing feature. Also I do a lot of gui testing, so a lot
of temporary images get created, which requires me to set the use.fs in every
test, I would like to set this once, globally for all tests.
Without using my hacks, it would be nice to say run test 5 only if tests 2, and
3 pass. Again some kind of global usage is needed for this. Maybe another temp
dir that is created while all the test suites are running? Maybe another for
the test suite itself?

--
Cliff Wright <cliff%snipe444.org@localhost>