ATF-devel archive

Re: test case metadata

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 10:00:33AM +0100, Julio Merino wrote:
> * And second, to allow the user to query such metadata.  This was
> supposed to let end users run test cases based on a query to such
> metadata.  For example, run all tests related to bug number X, or run
> all tests that require root because you just ran sudo.  At the moment,
> none of this is implemented, and I'm not sure if it is valuable at all
> to keep.

I still think this is valuable to have, and one important meta-data item
should be added: expected test run length (realy big thumb figure is
ok, either absolute or if cpu bound per cpu/mhz or something).

Having a way to run all quick tests with a limit of expected time per test
as a command line option and maybe a summary of total expected time upfront
would be very usefull.

Martin