ATF-devel archive

Re: examples need updating

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 4:38 AM, Amitai Schlair <schmonz%schmonz.com@localhost>
wrote:
> I'm trying to get started using ATF, looking at the examples here:
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/~jmmv/atf/examples.html
>
> Example #2 (the shell one) builds easily enough, but the C++ one doesn't.
> <atf.hpp> needs to be <atf-c++.hpp> and the pkg-config args should be
> "atf-c++", not "atf". Building then gives this error:
>
> $ gcc $(pkg-config --cflags atf-c++) -o t_example_1.o -c t_example_1.cpp
> t_example_1.cpp: In member function 'virtual void atfu_tc_pow_func::head()':
> t_example_1.cpp:12: error: 'set' was not declared in this scope
> t_example_1.cpp: In member function 'virtual void
> atfu_tc_snprintf_func::head()':
> t_example_1.cpp:27: error: 'set' was not declared in this scope
>
> I'll probably be using just the shell bindings for my current project, but
> I'd like to be able to play with the C++ example. Any ideas how to fix it?
> Might it be better in the long run to include these examples in the
> distribution, so they don't go stale over time?

Oops!  These should be fixed now; check out the web page.

Yes, ideally examples should be part of the documentation and be
buildable... but first I need to get to write decent documentation.
(There are some new manual pages in the tree, but still document only
a couple of modules...)

Plus I should also extend that page to add a C-only example.

Thanks for spotting this!

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84%gmail.com@localhost>