Subject: Cursor problem/ questions re: Retina ZIII & X11R6
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Adam Silverstein <adams@earthbound.com>
List: amiga
Date: 04/02/1996 07:44:26
I've just installed NetBSD1.1 & X11R6 (finally).  I've been trying to
configure my setup, and I'm running into a little trouble.  I would much
appreciate answers or pointers to answers to the following:

I've tried XAmiga24, XAmiga24BIG and the cv64 X servers:  All exhibit this
problem - the cursor doesn't keep up with or display correctly where I am
actually pointing.  I remember I had this problem under X11R5/BSD1.0 as
well.  whats the fix.  I'll recompile my kernal, do anything, just help!

Secondly - where can I find a list of arguments for the -mode options.
Mode 7 or 8 seem pretty nice on my big monitor, but I'd like to see what
the options are.

Finally, how do I set the size of the "virtual" screen so that it fits my
real screen-mode (1280x1024 say)?  Even when I was using a 1600x1280 mode
the fvwm screen was larger than my screen could fit?!

Any help much appreciated!

adams@earthbound.com          PGP key available upon request- or finger me