Subject: Re: Help! 040 in A3000?
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <is@Beverly.Rhein.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 03/23/1996 10:43:07
Garth Corral (garthc@compass-da.com) wrote:
:
: On Fri, 22 Mar 1996, Geof Abruzzi wrote:
:
: > If you want info on putting a 3640 in a 3000 go here:
: >
: >
: > http://wwwcip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/user/orknorr/a3640.html
: >
: > It is fairly complete.
: >
: Yes I know.  I have been there and it is fairly complete but it does not
: address the question about the 68040.library or any other software issues.

Its on the Install disk of OS3.1, and on the "SCSI Install" disk of OS2.05.

I think the 040 should work fine without it as long as you dont use the
MMU (that is, "CPU FASTROM", softkicking, and the like) or use floating
point operations.

NetBSD should be fine without it, of course, once booted, because it
has (to have) its own MMU and FPU support code.

Regards,
	Ignatios Souvatzis