Subject: Re: hardware configuration changes?
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <is@Beverly.Rhein.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 03/22/1996 11:14:53
Patryk Logiewa (silverdr@inet.com.pl) wrote:

: Have a small problem (or rather big problem). I installed the NetBSD1.1
: using a configuration of two IDE drives, 52MB fast 1CD drive and

What machine? exact configuration please, at least showconfig output and
NetBSD bootstart messages.

: SyQuest. I placed all the NetBSD partitions on the Syquest medium and it
: ran perfectly. The problems begin if I want to change any configuration
: items. Adding or removing any amount of memory ends up with:
:
: parity error etc...

How much before, how much after, etc.? And what is the _exact_ message?

:
: adding a SCSI drive (I wanted to move NetBSD to a dedicated HD) causes:
:
: SIOP error...

Again, what error???

: any help available?

No. That is, not yet. Please be more specific.

Regards,
	Ignatios Souvatzis