Subject: Re: BSD on 3000(no roms)
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Per Bojsen <pb@delta.dk>
List: amiga
Date: 01/11/1996 11:37:54
*** Regarding Re: BSD on 3000(no roms); Stephen Champion
*** <steve@onshore.com> adds:

Stephen> Hmm..  I haven't seen that myself.  I've seen no trouble at
Stephen> all.  I can reliably reboot the machine back into NetBSD even
Stephen> when I'm remote.

On the other hand, on my softkicked A3000 NetBSD reboot doesn't
complete either, as Michael van Elst said was the case for softkicked
A3000s.  Shortly after a NetBSD reboot the A3000 halts with a yellow
(I think) screen.  I then have to keyboard reset it to get to the
Kickstart selection menu, but from there it is OK.  It's a minor
problem as I don't have to reboot often (NetBSD 1.1 is stable enough,
apparently :-)).

I do have a general problem with my softkick setup currently, though,
in that Kickstart isn't loaded automatically from disk; it always
comes up in the Kickstart selection bootmenu.  This problem appeared
when I changed the SCSI IDs of my harddisks.  Originally the disk with
the Kickstart image was at SCSI ID 6, but now it is at SCSI ID 0.  I
don't know if this problem has anything to do with the NetBSD boot
problem, though.

--
Per Bojsen                                   Email: pb@delta.dk
DELTA IC Design                                     bojsen@moria.home.id.dtu.dk