Subject: ftp.uni-regensburg.de's archive upgraded to 1.1
To: None <netbsd-announce@NetBSD.ORG, amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
List: amiga
Date: 01/09/1996 00:58:25
I've just finished an upgrade of the archive of ftp.uni-regensburg.de in
/pub/NetBSD-Amiga to match the current release version of NetBSD/amiga
(1.1).

I've checked all the things under contrib under 1.1, and repackaged most of
them that didn't already install under /usr/local, plus adding EasyInstall
scripts. This should make it possible to install allmost every packages by
untarring them in / and invoking /usr/local/<pkg>/install/install.sh.

Amongst other things ...
 - The documentation (docs/*) is still out of date. Anyone? :)
 - I've tried to seperate the experimental dir on the releases the things
   were intended for. Same for kernels
 - All binary-packages now contain the OS-version for which they've been
   compiled, e.g. bin10, bin10A, etc.
 - Renamed some dirs.
 - TeX shold now be usable "out of the box", read the readme
 - Contrib/X11/X11R6/bin11 is the same as the Bernds "old" upload,
   just the apps ripped out.
 - Adduser has been upgraded to work with perl5 and NetBSD 1.1
 - EasyInstall has some more tweaks in it (stay tuned for 2.0 ;-)

As always, the archive can be accessed from the above directory on
ftp.uni-regensburg.de, or from one of its mirrors:

Server                  Path                            Contact
ftp.luth.se             /pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-Amiga        ftp@ludd.luth.se
ftp.hrz.uni-kassel.de   /pub/machines/amiga/NetBSD      Andreas Heitmann
<ah@hrz.uni-kassel.de>
ftp.uni-stuttgart.de    /pub/systems/amiga/netbsd
      ftp@rus.uni-stuttgart.de
ftp.uni-erlangen.de     /pub/amiga/unix/NetBSD
         ftp@informatik.uni-erlangen.de
ftp.uni-trier.de        /pub/unix/systems/NetBSD-Amiga
 ftpadmin@ftp.uni-trier.de
ftp.germany.eu.net      /pub/comp/amiga/NetBSD-Amiga
   archive-admin@Germany.EU.net
ftp.uni-augsburg.de     /pub/amiga/NetBSD
              softadm@ftp.Uni-Augsburg.DE
ftp.funet.fi            /index/NetBSD-Amiga             Kimmo Ketolainen
<Kimmo.Ketolainen@nic.funet.fi>
ftp.cs.umn.edu          /pub/NetBSD-Amiga               Ron Roskens
<roskens@cs.umn.edu>
ftp.warped.com          /pub/NetBSD-Amiga               Hubert Feyrer
<hubertf@warped.com>
ftp.unina.it            /pub/amiga/NetBSD-Amiga
        ftpadmin@ftp.cised.unina.it
ftp.nvg.unit.no         /pub/NetBSD-Amiga               Kolbjxrn Barmen
<kolla@nvg.unit.no>

If you run a mirror of the NetBSD-Archive here, please send me a note!
Also, i'm still looking for mirrors in Great Britain and Australia.

Happy NetBSD'ing,

		Hubert

--
      Weekdays: Rennerstr. 19, D-93053 Regensburg, Tel. 0941/943-2905