Subject: re:Need Help for NetBSD-1.1 Install !
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 11/30/1995 09:42:36
On Nov 30,  9:23am, "kevin (k.) currie" wrote:
> 	I've got just about the same problems on my 4000 with Warp Engine 40/40 and
> IBM SCSI drive.  I previously installed 1.0 and had no problems.
> 	However I also get "mangled entry" messages.
>
> In message "Need Help for NetBSD-1.1 Install !", wintermute@trashcan.mcnet.de writes:
>
> > root device> sd0
                 ^^^
  If you are actually entering this, you are not following the instructions
correctly.

  The miniroot filesystem MUST be copied to the swap partition (/dev/sd0b)
and the root device specified as:  sd0*.  The '*' indicates that the root
filesystem is to be found on the swap partition instead of the root
partition of that device.  The installation procedure will completely
initialize the root partition.  If you attempt to use the root partition
for the install miniroot filesystem, the install procedure will wipe the
miniroot filesystem out.  Also, since the install procedure attempts to
mount the real root partition on /mnt, it will fail if the same partition
was used to boot from, since it's already mounted on / and will be "busy".

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu
Computer Consultant