Subject: MH's bootblock setup on stock A3000
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Healey <rhealey@kas.helios.mn.org>
List: amiga
Date: 11/28/1995 11:36:35
	I was just able to boot my stock 3000 using Michael Hitch's
	bootblock package from uni-regensburg. I did have one serious
	problem tho: HDToolbox would NOT let me mark the root partition
	as bootable. I had to boot AMIX and use it's rdb program to
	make the partition bootable. HDToolbox did let me set up the
	custom boot blocks and let me add BFFSFileSystem as a custom
	file system, it shadowed out the bootable checkbox though so I
	couldn't set it to be bootable from ADOS. B^(.

	While I was able to solve the problem via AMIX's rdb command most
	people never had AMIX...

	Any ideas on what I did wrong?

	BIIIIGGG kudo's to Michael on this work! Any chance the bootblock.bin
	file can be made to assemble under NetBSD so we can ditch dependance
	on ADOS once and for all? We'd also need to write a program like
	AMIX's rdb so we could partition and set RDB flags as well.

		-Rob
p.s.
	Does bootblock.bin need BFFSFileSystem to be laying around or
	can it grok the BSD filesystem on it's own?