Subject: maybe it's not the quantum
To: amiga <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: <>
List: amiga
Date: 11/09/1995 00:42:30

Frank Dana <danaf@cs.rpi.edu>:

> Funny, i'm using a QL730 as well--it's in an external case at ID 2,
> with active termination on that end of the bus.

well, something's bunged up with mine.  i just discovered i can leave
this thing sit for awhile and it'll panic, with the same report as
with the tcl/tk configuring.

the repeatability of those configure panics now strikes me as
-extremely- puzzling.  (i can even repeat it now, two hours later.)

my drive seems to be at 6, internal, without termination (there's
a plug hanging around loose at the end of the cable, anyway; and
certainly nothing in the external socket).  all different from you guys.

and maybe it's just my aura...

> I think my uptime right now is 15 days or so.

best uptime i've had is about 15 minutes...

i must not've brought in the manpage about vm_fault - is there one?
what does this mean:
	vm_fault(a4000, 4ba000, 1, 0)
	type 8 code [mmu,,ssw] 402076d
--
Hume Smith  Chester  Nova Scotia  902 275 3266

AOL's grand scheme to get Internet in the workplace:
"But thanks to America OnLine, I'm really just goofing off!"