Subject: Re: console font
To: Jim Shaffer , <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alan Bair <abair@amcu-tx.sps.mot.com>
List: amiga
Date: 11/08/1995 19:30:48
On Nov 8, 18:53, Jim Shaffer wrote:
)-- Subject: console font
> Short of recompiling the kernel, is there anything that can be done about
> the console font in NetBSD?  Given that it runs in hires interlace, I
> would've expected a smaller font.  Or at least one that's properly
> proportioned!  Under AmigaDOS, I always use the XEN font supplied with
> MagicWorkbench.  If anyone's designing a new font for NetBSD, could you
> please look at it and see if you could design something similar?

As I remember it, you have to supply a different file with the console font
and rebuild the kernel. If you want to create a new font file from an existing
AmigaDOS font, use the fontdumper program. I wrote this some time ago and it
should still be in the contrib area on uni-regensburg and possibly the mirrors.
Hopefully the code still works correctly under AmigaDOS. If not, drop me a
line and I'll see if I can get it working again.

)--- End of excerpt from Jim Shaffer

--
Alan Bair             		MCTG AMCU DSCS
Motorola, Inc.            	(Design Software &