Subject: Re: difficulty booting 1.0 to install on amiga 3000
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Frank Dana <danaf@cs.rpi.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 11/08/1995 16:24:21
With Shakespearian flourish, Jim Shaffer writes:
> "Hume Smith" <hclsmith@ra.isisnet.com> wrote:
>
> > > it has a quantum lightning 730S
> > having read that Quanta have been troublesome, i got brave and
> > disconnected it.
>
> I'm using 1.0 on a Quantum Lightning 730S with no trouble at all.
> The 730 is at address 0, and there's the Quantum LPS 52 that came
> with the system still at address 6 (didn't feel like tearing the
> system apart one more time...)

Funny, i'm using a QL730 as well--it's in an external case at ID 2,
with active termination on that end of the bus. I don't know if it's
the active termination that's saved me or what, but I've been running
NetBSD since June (first 1.0, now 1.1ALPHA) and I've had no problems
that I've attributed to the drive. In fact, since moving to 1.1A the
SCSI problems I did have (for whatever reason, probably termination
issues) have completely cleared up. I think my uptime right now is 15
days or so. It's going down tonight to load my new, specially tuned
kernel. 8)

I would like to know what these supposed "Quantum problems" are--
the talk is worrying me quite a bit.

							-Frank

--
\ ____ PRI | Frank R. Dana Jr.|Tau Epsilon Phi|email:danaf@cs.rpi.edu | _ _