Subject: re: difficulty booting 1.0 to install on amiga 3000
To: Hume Smith <hclsmith@ra.isisnet.com>
From: Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
List: amiga
Date: 11/07/1995 14:38:03
On Tue, 7 Nov 1995, Hume Smith wrote:

> i wrote:
>
> having read that Quanta have been troublesome, i got brave and
> disconnected it.
>
> i could then successfully boot from the boot floppy, and
> switch to the installation floppy.  though of course there
> was nothing to install...
>
> so - i guess there's a fix for that, what is it?

I'm not sure, but isn't this a problem with the "Sync" option that
someone was posting about a while back?  Some old devices don't support
synchronous transfers, but I believe this is the default compiled into
the kernel.  I could be completely off-base here, but certainly the
safest possible probing (asynchronous?) should be compiled into the
GENERIC kernel that people will be installing NetBSD from..

---Jake