Subject: Re: No history - No TAB - No cut&paste
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Donn Cave <donn@u.washington.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 11/07/1995 14:17:09
| How can I get the history on command line? (cursor keys returns some
| characters).

NetBSD's /bin/sh has it - you can certainly get bash or tcsh if you
want, but in the mean time sh is worth a try.  It's designed to meet
POSIX shell specs, if that means anything to you.

If it's not already on, you can turn on "emacs" mode with "set -o emacs".
That gives you ^P, ^N, ^B, ^F etc. as in classic emacs.  I don't recall
that the arrow keys work.  I use vi mode ("set -o vi"), where arrow keys
are like training wheels on a Guerciotti.  So far as I know there is no
command completion in either mode, but I believe there is file completion.

	Donn