Subject: Re: difficulty booting to install on amiga 3000
To: amiga <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: <>
List: amiga
Date: 11/07/1995 01:34:45
[ i got a bad address for replying, so i hope he saw me here ]

to: Rob Leland <leland@freetocreate>

> I have had a Quantum Lightning 730S since 1.0A ,
> so we'll assume that the disk works regardless of wheather you
> are operating sync or not.

just as a question - how would the drive's SCSI id affect this?
does it show up as that digit on the end of the device name?
what should i look for WRT that?

> I also have a A3000 so assuming the the motherboard is stock...

i can't help you there... and with the experiences i've had lately
with the dealer, they couldn't either.

> 4MB. Is very small.

i finally convinced them to get me 8 MB more, so i hope to have
12 MB by the end of the week.  i knew i'd need it, to do this Tcl/Tk
work...

now, why does INSTALL say 4 MB is enough if it isn't?
or does it mean it has to say "avail mem = (more than 4 MB)"
when booting?

> As an experiment, try one of the netbsd.A3000 kernels

ahh... where do i get those?

PS: nevermind, i think i found one at regensburg.  i don't have
gunzip though, that'll make things tricky.

> Also make sure when you loadbsd netbsd, that netbsd is NOT a symbolic
> link.

how could it be - according to my OS 3.1 DOS manual, soft links aren't
implemented.
--
Hume Smith  Chester  Nova Scotia  902 275 3266

AOL's grand scheme to get Internet in the workplace:
"But thanks to America OnLine, I'm really just goofing off!"