Subject: Re: SOme little questions not in FAQ
To: Baldassare Profeta <dante@mbox.vol.it>
From: Rob Leland <leland@freetocreate>
List: amiga
Date: 11/06/1995 21:54:59
> Well, the first strange thong I notice is thar the passwords are not stored
> in /etc/passwd file. I didn't see any change into it. Where they are
> stored?
/etc/shadow

> I was thinking to upgrade to 1.1alpha, but I suppose the kernel is not
> compiled for picasso. If I'm right, compiling "current" distribution will I
> be able to (eventually including some files) build a picasso version?

Yes, the netbsd-generic is compiled and should work on most amiga including
picasso. Only the cybervision doesn't work I believe.

> Have I to download gcc2.7 to avoid problems in recompiling kernel?

I have both gcc 2.4.5, and 2.7.0. I use 2.4.5 to rebuild the distribution
and 2.7.0 to build all the extra stuff(/usr/local/bin).
I believe, (have tried), that inorder
to provide a working kernel with 2.7.0 that you need to link in
the memory allocation code from libc, I could be wrong.

> _|\an|e_      dante@mbox.vol.it

-Rob