Subject: SOme little questions not in FAQ
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Baldassare Profeta <dante@mbox.vol.it>
List: amiga
Date: 11/06/1995 17:34:27
Thanks a lot to all of you for your help, now I've got a working NetBSD.

At this point I've got some questions not included in FAQs... I hope I'm
not boring you...

Well, the first strange thong I notice is thar the passwords are not stored
in /etc/passwd file. I didn't see any change into it. Where they are
stored?

I installed the Picasso kernel. How can I tell it to open at my own
resolution? It seems it try to open on picasso screen, but after a while it
came back to ECS screen. ...I don't know which config file I have to
change.

I was thinking to upgrade to 1.1alpha, but I suppose the kernel is not
compiled for picasso. If I'm right, compiling "current" distribution will I
be able to (eventually including some files) build a picasso version?

Have I to download gcc2.7 to avoid problems in recompiling kernel?

1.1 will have picasso support in the distribuition kernel?

Thanks so much

_|\an|e_      dante@mbox.vol.it
              mc6914@mclink.it     __   ___