Subject: Re: SBIC (a3000, gvpscsi, 2091)
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <is@Beverly.Rhein.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 11/02/1995 08:53:58
Eduardo E. Horvath  eeh@btr.com (eeh@btr.btr.com) wrote:
:
: On Tue, 31 Oct 1995, Frank Dana wrote:
:
: > So, apparently, we have a driver that works great for GVP cards, but
: > doesn't quite do so well on the A3000?  <sigh>  The A3000 already has
: > a weirdo kernel config--what's one more machine-specific option?
:
: Interesting idea....  For a quick poll:
:
: 1) Is there anyone out there who successfully uses SYNC on an A3000?

Me. A3000 with a -04 chip,

: 2) Is there anyone using a GVP or A2091 controller where SYNC does cause
: a lockup?

>From what I read in the list, it seems like the GVP controlers dont
reset the SCSI bus even when the CPU does a RESET instruction. So as
soon as AmigaOS tries to talk to them, and the driver asks for a sync
transfer...

	Ignatios