Subject: Re: A3000 SCSI
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <is@Beverly.Rhein.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 11/01/1995 10:42:48
kpneal@eos.ncsu.edu wrote:
:
: It totally doesn't work in sync mode with a SyQuest 105. I can
: mount (usually) and the machine crashes fairly quickly after that
: with the SCSI light stuck ON.
:
: But then again sync scsi never did work worth a hoot, so I don't
: use it. Haven't had any problems since.
:
: Would somebody PLEASE *cut off* sync scsi on the sbic driver!

No, please.

After the not so recent changes by eeh and mhitch, I (A3000 WD-04
Quantum PD210S, Quantum Fireball 1080S, Maxtor 7245S, Archive Viper 150
... yes, thats a very wierd combination, with the old driver I could
boot sync with a 30% chance of failing, after which it would work, til I
got the Fireball, after that no chance of syncing) can

- operate AOS sync and NetBSD sync
- operate AOS async and NetBSD sync
- operate AOS sync and NetBSD async
- operate both async.

with the old drivers, only the last combination had a chance of working.

It is already a binpatchable option. Maybe it would be wise to make
async the default on the GENERIC kernel for those WD-08ers or GVPers or
whats the real problem out there; after all the new driver CAN negotiate
async, so it shouldn't hang the bus if ADOS was working sync.

Regards,
	Ignatios Souvatzis