Subject: Re: scsi synchronous mode
To: Jasper Y. Wong <wongj@rpi.edu>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 10/08/1995 12:37:38
On Oct  8, 12:48pm, "Jasper Y. Wong" wrote:
> The kernel's dated August.  I binpatched the kernel (amigaOS side) using
> NetBSD 1.0A (GENERIC) #1: Thu Aug 24 11:40:11 EDT 1995
>     chopps@coffee.emich.edu:/local/src/sys/arch/amiga/compile/GENERIC

  I'm not real sure what this kernel contains.  The majority of the SCSI
driver changes were put into the source tree on August 18, but it doesn't
look like they were available from the SUP server until September 7.
My fixes to that version didn't get into the source tree until around
September 16, and I see another update around September 29 (I don't
remember what that second update was - probably some debug changes).
At any rate, your kernel would not have the first fix for the new driver,
which was causing problems on some systems.  You would probably want to
get a newer version of the kernel, but I don't think an official snapshot
has been made since my fixes went in.  I'm not sure what's on regensburg,
I see what looks like a snapshot done on September 12, which would have
the new SCSI driver, but probably not the first set of updates to the driver.

Michael