Subject: Kurrent Kernal & Pikasso probs
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Hopper <bard@tiamat.chaldea.com>
List: amiga
Date: 09/26/1995 09:29:28
I'm presently running a kernal that dates to the first of April, with
Kari M.'s cirrus-current patches from last year.  My libs and
binaries are the 7/2 snapshot.  The kernal works just fine, in both
console mode and with Xcl.  Obviously, my proc binaries won't work
until I can compile a new kernal.  I can't seem to do this, because
the Cirrus kernal from today's sys.tar.gz seems to be set to a
completely different sync than my (old) working kernal.  I get a dark
console and a high-pitched whine, which really isn't too cool for my
monitor (NEC 4DS).

What's the magic number to be fiddling with here?  Is it the pixel
clock in grf_cl.c?  I can't just dump KM's old hacks into the present
kernal, 'cause everything's been rewritten since then.

Thanks in advance,
David Hopper (bard@tiamat.chaldea.com)