Subject: Memory Non-Contiguous and Chip
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon J DeBoer <sdeboer@uoguelph.ca>
List: amiga
Date: 09/25/1995 12:20:20
Okay I have noticed the non-contig option in the kernel configure
script.  Is this a feature that works or a promise of something to come.
(I am looking at -1.0, I do not have the room to get -current installed
without losing everything I have in -1.0 which would be bad right now).

I have compiled my kernel with it set in the hopes of accessing the 2M chip
memory on my A3000 as well as my 4M zips.  I have not been to concerned
though, but now I am able to get another 4M of simms to put on my GVP
card and am curious if I will be able to use all 8M of fast?

	Should it work?  Or will I have to buy another 4M of simms to
reach 8?  (I cannot find zips near me at all, and it seems ridiculous to
pay taxes/shipping from someone in the states to get used memory...)

		Simon

Real World Info:
    Name     : Simon de Boer        email : sdeboer@uoguelph.ca
    Studying : Theoretical Physics @ University of Guelph (Canada)
In Character Info:
    Name     : Katrina Deazin       +mail : katrina@realtime.pci.on.ca 6125
    Position : Wizard of Arisia Mush located at realtime.