Subject: Re: Disk error?
To: Calvin <diavolo@azure.engin.umich.edu>
From: Wyatt Miler <wmiler@nyx10.cs.du.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 09/18/1995 21:43:20
You said:
> I got this error:
>
> /netbsd: sd2 (atzsc0:6:0): medium error info = 347968 (decimal)
>
> Does this mean that there is a physical error on the disk?  That's my
> guess.  Does NetBSD map these types of errors out?  Or has data been
> lost?  I was doing a write when this occured.  Is this anything to worry
> about?
Umm, which version of netbsd are you using? -current or -1.0? With the
 -current since june thru the first of august, I've been getting tons of
those errors, swapping my syquest cart out and putting a new one in helped for
awhile, but they just started showing up again. And yes, I've lost data
to those annoying things...dunno what's causing it tho....

  - Wyatt -

Internet:    wmiler@nyx.cs.du.edu
MicroMUSE:   Vampire                 StormMUSE:   Vampire <Director>
             chezmoto.ai.mit.edu 4201             baxter.musenet.org 3993
Thought:     Now that we know what VR is, what do we do with it?  :)
             Educate!
Disclaimer:  I don't claim to know everything, my opinions are my own,
             and nobody elses...