Subject: Re: mount_cd9660
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Neville Duguid <nduguid@eastwind.livewire.com.au>
List: amiga
Date: 09/13/1995 20:06:24
On Sat, 2 Sep 1995, Markus Illenseer wrote:

> Neville Duguid wrote:
> > Does anyone know why the command
> > # mount_cd9660 -o ro /dev/cd0a /cdrom
> > always replies:
> > mount_cd9660: Invalid argument
>
>  Try: mount -t cd9660 -o ro /dev/cd0a /cdrom

Doesn't work either. Gives similar error:
mount: Invalid argument

Also suggestion from bn@okcforum.osrhe.edu Bo Najdrovsky and others:

> > mount_cd9660 -o rdonly /dev/cd0a /cdrom

gives same error as original.

> > otgsc0 targ1 lun0: <NEC      CD-ROM DRIVE:25  1.0a> SCSI readonly
>
>  This NEC a 6x drive?  If so, you're the second one reporting problems.  I
> have no idea why though.

No, it is an early (1x) portable NEC CDR-25. I have heard of others
(not NetBSD users) who have got rid of theirs because of problems
getting them to share the SCSI bus with other devices. I have never had
any problems before on the Amiga side, although I had a similar problem
with the MS-DOS CDROM config driver under PCTask which no-one was ever
able to explain or rectify.

Thanx
-Neville