Subject: Re: Displaymode number units
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <is@Beverly.Rhein.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 09/12/1995 20:45:50
Ezra Story (ezy@panix.com) wrote:
: Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
: > Which is a bad thing, IMHO... The grf_XX drivers should do all necessary
: > multiplications/divisions to normalize the units to pixels/lines (so
: > that an HW independent videomode editor might be written). As an
: > intermediate measure, I put a multiplication/division by two into the
: > grf_ul driver (whose hardware uses a factor of 16).
:
:
: >
: > Opinions?
:
: Agreed (and I wrote the dynamic mode loader :-P).  I was thinking of adding
: the SETMON ioctl to all the drivers which dont have it, and in the process
: changing over to pixel units.

I guess I should tell grf_ul.c to offset the values by (internal) -HBE / -VBE
(that is, HT-HBE for you normals :-) before you start THAT. The TMS34010 has
its point of reference at end of sync, not at end of blank as the other
chipsets.

Long avoided project, as somewhere an offset of +1 to the HT / BT has to
be inserted. Before scaling. *Sigh*

Regards,
	Ignatios Souvatzis