Subject: just black with self-compiled 1.0 kernel (gcc2.6.1(?)) ?
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kai Bartels <kaba@zfn.uni-bremen.de>
List: amiga
Date: 09/12/1995 15:21:04
Hi folks!

I compiled a kernel (1.0) for my machine a few months ago and all went
well, I'm using it since then.
Yesterday I tried to compile a new one (1.0, too but a different swap
device), this time with gcc2.6.1 (I belive that's the version number)
which I installed in the meantime. I got to undefined refs (_memcpy and
_setconfig) the first of which I eliminated by prepending some lines to
bcopy in locore.s that swap two args. The second went away after I
removed 'option GENERIC' from the kernel-config file.
Now the thing compiled normally, but when I do a 'cp netbsd /dev/reload'
I simply get a black screen after the reboot. Northin happens.

What was my error?
Can somebody help?

Thanx, Kai
--
"Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? [...]
 Do you think you can tell?"                                     <Pink Floyd>