Subject: Booting NetBSD from soft kicked OS3.1
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Shardlow <john@iceberg.demon.co.uk>
List: amiga
Date: 09/09/1995 21:28:40
Fellow NetBSD people,

This problem has bugged me for some time and now I'm really sick
of the 'workaround' so I'm asking for help.

I have an A3000 which soft kicks the ROM from disk. I can choose
from 1.3 or 2.0 but recently I have been using a 3.1 ROM as some
applications need the WB3 stuff like locale.library, datatypes,
etc...

Anyway, switching between 2.0 and 3.1 is a pain as I have to edit
some parameters with HDToolBox and power down to get the new ROM
file loaded !

The problem is that NetBSD won't boot when the OS3.1 ROM is in memory.

So, I have to switch to the OS2.0 ROM before I can load NetBSD. This
is a major PITA ! :(

Can anyone help ?

Has anyone else had this problem ?

TIA,