Subject: -current kernel problems (new sbic.c related?)
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeff Thieleke <thieleke@icaen.uiowa.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 08/23/1995 22:19:07
I have not been able to use any of the recent kernels on my system.  The
last working version I have is from August 16.  The symptoms are that upon
reboot, the screen either stays black or slightly red and the monitor
squeals like it is being oversynced.

(Incidently, these are the indentical symptoms as I experienced when I
 tried to use the LEV6_DEFER on older kernels, which also doesn't work!)

My system:
  A500 & GVP A530 50MHz '030 & 40 MHz '882
  8 meg of fast mem, 1 meg of chip
  730MB, 540MB, and 170MB Quantum SCSI drives

The problem started after the August 16 sup (approximately, and I am using
the identical conf file as with my pre-Aug 16 kernels (I tried it with and
without ccd without success).

I have been looking over the source-changes archive, and it looks like
the only major changes have been the SCSI disconnects, siop, and sbic
changes.  Could one of these had an adverse effect on my A530's SCSI
controller?  Also, could anything be done to get the LEV6_DEFER to work?

---
Jeff Thieleke
thieleke@icaen.uiowa.edu
http://www.icaen.uiowa.edu/~thieleke