Subject: Re: RetinaZ3 and the art of screenmodes
To: Karl Stenerud <esteneru@direct.ca>
From: Markus Wild <mw@eunet.ch>
List: amiga
Date: 08/21/1995 17:50:11
> There appears to be some sort of edge resistance/screen wrap code in the
> retina driver for the mouse
>  built in...  It gets vary annoying when I have a 3x2 virtual screen in fvwm.
>
> It seems that it kicks in if the mouse is moving any faster than 5mm per
> second =(  so the cursor stops about 2 cm away from the edge (or more if I
> go faster).  Then if I keep moving it it will wrap around and come out on
> the other side of the screen.
>
> This is an interesting feature, but is annoying for 2 reasons:  It prevents

It is lots more interesting that you apparently realized:-) The mouse doesn't
just pop up on the other side, in the "dead" phase it's on the OTHER screen,
which is your custom chips display:-) If you don't want this behavior,
start the server with "-no-zaphod" or similar (would have to look it up),
or specify the framebuffer explicitly with -dev.

-Markus
--
EUnet AG                                        Markus Wild
Zweierstrasse 35    Tel:     +41 1 291 45 80	mw@eunet.ch