Subject: Re: Motif
To: Geert Uytterhoeven <Geert.Uytterhoeven@CS.kuleuven.ac.be>
From: Rob Healey <rhealey@kas.helios.mn.org>
List: amiga
Date: 08/18/1995 18:03:50
> > Right now I can't find anything on this topic in the source tree, and
> > the paperized documentation is not available for me at the moment, but
> > maybe someone can enlighten me (and others) in this question.
>
> Someone told me I can use the license for Motif 1.2 at our department to
> compile Motif at home, but I'm not allowed to distribute statically linked
> binaries.
>
> We also have Motif 2.0, but its license doesn't even allow me to use it at home
> (that's what people told me).

	Has anybody compiled Lesstif, the PD Motif clone, recently? Does
	it compile under NetBSD? I know it compiles under Linux, Solaris
	and hpux since that's what the developer(s) have access to.

	The URL is http://www.cs.uidaho.edu:8000/hungry/microshaft/ for
	the MicroShaft project, basically Lesstif + Xword, a Micro$loth
	Word clone.

		-Rob