Subject: Retina Z3 video modes
To: None <Amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Karl Stenerud <esteneru@direct.ca>
List: amiga
Date: 08/04/1995 06:39:24
I'm trying to get my Retina Z3 to run in a different video mode than the one
it runs in now.  At this point, all I can make it do is open a 640x480
"viewport" of a virtual retina screen.  The problem is that when I scroll
this screen up, it gives an ugly black square in place of the cursor sprite.
Also, whe I scroll to the right hand side of the screen, the cursor jumps
to the top of the screen.

It gets even better.  When I run xman, all the command listings appear as
black bars until I click on them, so I have to pick blindly and hope I get
the right one.

I checked out the Xamiga24 dox and it mentioned compiling the videomode
command.  This is the result (using NetBSD 1.0 with 1.0 sources):

# cc videomode.c
In file included from videomode.c:9:
../../dev/grfvar.h:52: field `g_device' has incomplete type
videomode.c:111: warning: type mismatch with previous external decl
videomode.c:30: warning: previous external decl of `set_mode'
videomode.c:111: warning: type mismatch with previous implicit declaration
videomode.c:30: warning: previous implicit declaration of `set_mode'
videomode.c:111: warning: `set_mode' was previously implicitly declared to return `int'
#

My system is:
A3000/25 w/ 8M, Retina Z3 w/ 4M.
Running NetBSD 1.0 and NetBSD 1.0 sources.