Subject: Re: GURU ROM on GVP
To: None <alain.chofardet@ramses.fdn.org, amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 08/02/1995 23:26:12
On Aug  2, 11:42pm, Alain Chofardet wrote:
> I recently upgraded my GForce 040 for A2000 (ROM 4.13) with the GURU ROM.
  This ROM replaces devices such as gvpscsi (now called omniscsi) and so on.
> Jul 14 03:58:34 nounours /netbsd: NetBSD 1.0A (GENERIC) #0: Mon Jul  3 23:29:41 EDT 1995
> And we stop there. The SCSI LED is on and nothing else. I don't really understand what happens, as the AmigaDOS device for the board isn't used.
>
> Any idea ?

  Did you change the sbic_inhibit_sync value?  If you changed it to 1,
and the GURU ROM uses synchronous transfers, then I would expect NetBSD
to hang at that point.  [If you didn't change sbic_inhibit_sync, and
it's still 0, then I'm not sure what the problem would be.  It's
possible that the GURU ROM sets up the 33c93 in some way that is
incompatible with NetBSD, although I can't think of what it could do to
affect things.]

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu