Subject: Re: NetBSD june2 snapshot: fs problems
To: Karl Stenerud <esteneru@direct.ca>
From: Markus Wild <mw@eunet.ch>
List: amiga
Date: 07/23/1995 19:04:06
> I just finished updating my system to the june 02 snapshot of NetBSD-amiga.
> Everything worked fine until I tried the new generic kernel.  When I
> booted in single user mode, it would tell me the filesystem was not clean
> and I shoult run fsck to fix it.  When I ran fsck it ran through the root
> fine, but when it tried my usr partition, I got this:
>
> vm_fault(f6000, 3004000, 3, 0) ->1
>                                   vm_fault(f6000, 3004000, 3, 0) ->1

I had exactly the same problem. When I did "ls -l" in single user mode, it
would list what looked like the first block of the directory, and the panics
would start afterwards (upon reading the second block of the directory?).
So far, I'm running with an older system until I know what I have to fix
to avoid the above problem.

-Markus
--
EUnet AG                                        Markus Wild
Zweierstrasse 35    Tel:     +41 1 291 45 80	mw@eunet.ch