Subject: Re: newfs
To: Arlo T. Moran <atmoran@jupiter.acs.oakland.edu>
From: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
List: amiga
Date: 07/19/1995 09:07:25
Hi,

[..]
> PS when I did the system recompile, 2 files failed: /usr/bin/lex due to
> flex making a file with bad chars, and /usr/sbin/r??.bootparamd due to
> something else creating a bad file... does this sound familiar to

This is from two mails in curren-users:

: The recent upgrade of rpcgen(1) warrants some special actions to be taken
: to avoid errors during "make worlds".
:
: 1) Get -current sources from June 26 or thereabouts.
: 2) `make clean' in usr.bin/rpcgen, lib/librpcsvc, usr.sbin/rpc.*,
:     libexec/rpc.*
: 3) `make & make install' in usr.bin/rpcgen.
: 4) `make & make install' in lib/librpcsvc
: 5) `make' ...
:
: The reason for this is that rpcgen(1) now generates prototypes in the
: generated header files in librpcsvc.

:I've just commited flex 2.5.2 to the tree.
:
:Note that scan.l uses some features of the new flex, so you must copy
:initscan.c to scan.c the first time you rebuild.

> anyone?  Probably not, since everyone here probably is wise to sup by now ;)

And everyone who use current in on the current-users mailinglist.

Bernd