Subject: Re: newfs
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <henson@colossus.mathcs.rhodes.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 07/18/1995 00:12:07
 The character-special-device warning is a result of the #define
omission in the amiga/amiga/conf.c file. A patch was posted for
it a while ago. I have applied the patch, but I still get
"fd0: write error" when I try to write _anything_ to disk, whether
the disk is DD or HD, and whether I have tried to format the disk
or not. I also get this error when I try to format the disk, which
has been my biggest problem so far.

 At one time, I was going to try to hack an MSDOS format device for the
floppy drives. However, I haven't been able to get the drives to work
since about a week before I came up with that idea. :-/

Mike Henson
henson@mathcs.rhodes.edu