Subject: Re: 070295 snapshot
To: Henric Jungheim <uhenric@mcl.ucsb.edu>
From: Chris A. Mattingly <Chris_Mattingly@ncsu.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 07/10/1995 16:23:42
Henric Jungheim wrote the following about "Re: 070295 snapshot" on Mon Jul 10 15:58:44 1995

> On Mon, 10 Jul 1995, Chris A. Mattingly wrote:
>
> > Has anyone else had problems with networking?
> Yup.
>
> > I supped yesterday (Sunday), put the new kernel in place (for loadbsd and /
> > purposes), downloaded the snapshot, put it in place, rebooted, and tried
> > to restart ppp (using same options, etc, etc), and it doesn't work.
>
> Pretty much exactly what I did.  "netstat -r" seems okay, but "ifconfig -a"
> spits out nonsense (first it tells me what "sl0" is up to, then it tries to
> tell me about interface ""--i.e., an empty string--and then quits w/ an
> error).  I'm running a /usr/bin/cc compiled kernel w/ everything
> else gcc2.7.0.  I thought maybe it was gcc2.7.0 screwing things up...
> what 'cc' were you using?
>

> Incidentally, gcc 2.7.0 is a *bad* idea for the kernel (2.6.3 worked
> okay). :)
>
> Core dumps trash the file system (I think that's what it was, anyway).
>
> -------- Henric Jungheim  -----------------  uhenric@mcl.ucsb.edu --------

I'm using a gcc 2.7.0 kernel and have been since 270 came out ..

But as Michael Hitch pointed out ... the kernel ppp stuff was changed on
the 5th of July, and I'm running a snapshot from the 2nd of July.  It should
be just a matter of recompiling pppd.

-Chris
--
Chris Mattingly       | My views are not necessarily those of my employers
camattin@eos.ncsu.edu |