Subject: NetBSD 1.0 up and running, now some questions...
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rafael Munoz <zonum@shadow.net>
List: amiga
Date: 07/03/1995 09:40:38
Hi all,

Well, I have just finished installing NetBSD v1.0 and the X11R6.04Jan95
files onto my A3000 and all is rather well!  I have a Picasso and have used
the X11R6.04Jan95-picasso archive, and I have been able to run X11R6 on a
800x600x256 screen with fvwm!  Very nice!  Now I have some questions:

  1) I have seen in some doc (from last year when I first installed
NetBSD), information on mounting the /local partition.  I have not found
this info again, and was wondering where to go to do this - I know it needs
to be done in fstabs, but I need the settings.

  2) Is there a kernel made for an A3000 with the cirrus-3 package?  or do
I have to compile my own?  In running X11R6 above, I am using the
netbsd.picasso-171194 kernel.  It looks like I want to use the later update
found in the cirrus-3 archive - how can I do this with NetBSD v1.0.

  3) What is the best/easiest way to move up to NetBSD-current from NetBSD
v1.0?  This is including the X11R6 and an Xamiga24/kernel for the Picasso?

Anyway, these are probably questions that have been asked before, but I had
removed my NetBSD last year because I needed the room in my harddrive.  Now
I have a big enough harddrive where I have dedicated 200 Megs for NetBSD!

Anyway, thanks in advanced...

Rafael
(zonum@shadow.net)