Subject: NetBSD install HElp
To: Amiga NetBSD <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: dA sPuDdInAtOr <rusty@olivaw.tau.hti.net>
List: amiga
Date: 05/25/1995 08:23:22
Help!!!!

I have installed NetBSD as per the install instructions.
I configured as best I could.  Now I'm at the next phase,
having halted and rebooted per the instructions.  At the
booted screen I see the following: (> xxx < my typing)

Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh:

>return key<

sh: Warning: running as root with dot in PATH

# >mount -av<

/dev/sd3a on / type ufs (local)
/dev/sd3g on / user type ufs (local)

# >cd /dev<

# >MAKEDEV all<

sh: Warning: running as root with dot in PATH

mode = 0100555, inum = 458, fs = /

panica: ffs_valloc: dup alloc

Stopped at       0x81c00:      unlk    a6

db>

Now what do I do?

If I try this I get different results but still
no joy!

Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for sh: >/bin/csh<>return key<

# >mount -av<

/dev/sd3a on / type ufs (local)
/dev/sd3g on / user type ufs (local)

# >cd /dev<

# >MAKEDEV all<

MAKEDEV: Command not found

Help what should I do now?

Thanx and Later,

| dA sPuDdInAtOr            | (Warped) 4000/040/28 44 megs Ram          |
| rusty@olivaw.tau.hti.net  | EGS 28/24    C= 1960      MFIII           |
| Help, I've rizen and I    | 4 Gigs HD storage  3x CD-ROM 2 Gig DAT    |
| can't get down !!!!!!!    | Smokinnnnnnnnnnnnnn!                      |