Subject: Re: amiga's being made again.
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Joern Clausen <joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 05/24/1995 16:03:08
> Nothing unlikely about solaris.  They did the port, remember?  Solaris
> is SVR4.  The first SVR4 produced by anyone but AT&T was commodore's,
> and it was pretty good.  If they'd maintained it, it would have been the
> best.

In Dave Haynie's "Death Bed Vigil" Video, it is mentioned that there
were talks between Commodore and Sun. I don't remember it clearly, but
I think, Sun was supposed to produce A3000 (or whatever) equipped with
AMIX as low-end-machines in their usual product line. But of courcse
C='s managment blew the deal.

I wish, this relation could be revived again.

--
     Joern Clausen                  email: joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE