Subject: Re: Posting a snapshot to netbsd.org
To: Rob Leland <leland@freetocreate.cais.com>
From: Stephen Champion <steve@herb.kuru.com>
List: amiga
Date: 05/08/1995 02:43:35
Rob Leland said:

> What does it take to post a snapshot to NetBSD.org.
> I feel that now that I have placed 2 snapshots on ftp.uni-regensburg.de
> I have worked out the bugs enough that I could putup a good product. This
> is especially important since the europe-us link is so bad,
> Alternatively, what are some us sites I could upload to that
> the material would get mirrored.

	I've been thinking lately that it might be a good idea to contact
people at gatekeeper.dec.com, ftp.cdrom.com or better, ftp.netnet.net to
mirror ftp.uni-regensburg.de.  Netnet, in particular has the following in
their motd:

	Please comment on the performance, and sites that are mirrored.
	If you have sugestions on aditional mirrors please advise me.
	Please address any sugestions/problems/sugestions to shane@netnet.net

	It would be really nice to be able to upload and download without
going over overseas, and let mirroring be handled automatically.
Mirroring manually was not alot of fun, but I just don't have the space to
keep a full mirror.

	A full mirror on the other hand, could update more often and even
handle mirroring an uploads/ directory.

	I think netnet would be the best people to contact - they've
already expressed an interest in the Amiga with an Aminet mirror, have
excellent transfer rates, and rarely have their maximium number of
anonymous ftp'ers.

	Comments? (Especially from Hubert)

--
//  Stephen Champion                   Software Eng, *ix Admin, OS Design
//  schampion@hampshire.edu            Hampshire College - Amherst, MA