Subject: Re: INN setup question...
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: C. Ewen MacMillan <ilixi@Tezcat.Com>
List: amiga
Date: 04/21/1995 13:38:09
On Wed, 19 Apr 1995, Peter Seebach wrote:

> Date: Wed, 19 Apr 1995 12:06:10 -0500
> From: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
> To: amiga@NetBSD.ORG
> Subject: INN setup question...
>
> Someone on this list mentioned having done this successfully, I think...

 Could have been me, I compiled and ran INND for a little while on
 an 030/25 under on of the first NetBSD1.0 revs.

 Worked nicely, if a bit slow.

> I want INN set up so that I keep some groups locally, and others, I pick
> up from a nearby news feed.  I want this to be transparent; I want a
> news reader to not be able to tell (apart from delays) which groups are
> local and which aren't.  Has anyone done this successfully?

 You are talking about something which is a problem for a newsreader, not
 for INN.

 It is your newsreader which determines which nntp server to contact, and
 not the server side software. INN does not have any capability for doing
 what you describe on its own.

C. Ewen MacMillan,   | Office: (312) 850-0181   | "The feathers have stopped
Chief of Operations, | Email : ilixi@tezcat.com |  flying. Now, they shall
Tezcatlipoca Inc.    | Whois : CEM              |  stick to the tar."